- About Us
- Contact Us
- Registrar Resources
- Reports & Factsheets
- Data & Mapping Tool
- Cancer Patient Notification Information
- California Cancer Registry, Cancer Stage at Diagnosis, June 2013
- California Cancer Facts and Figures - 2013
- Cancer in California, 1988-2007
- Trends in Cancer Incidence, Mortality, Risk Factors, and Health Behaviors in California
- Cancer in California, 2008
- Cervical Cancer in California, 2008
- A Statistical Report of the Incidence of First Primary Central Nervous System Tumors in California, 2001-2005
- Underreporting of Cancer by VA Hospitals
Geographic Information System (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
GIS allows us to view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, globes, reports, and charts. A GIS helps you answer questions and solve problems by looking at your data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared.
GIS Tools are Used at CCR for a Variety of Applications, Including:
- the identification and display of the geographic patterns of cancer incidence and mortality rates in the California and their change over time
- the creation of complex databases for the study of cancer screening, diagnosis and survival at the community level
- environmental exposure assessment through satellite imagery
- spatial statistical models to estimate cancer incidence, prevalence and survival for California
- communication of local cancer information to the public and public health professionals through interactive web-based tools
- the identification of health disparities at the local level through the comparison of cancer outcomes across demographic subgroups, and
- development of new methods of displaying geospatial data for clear communication to the public and for examination of complex multivariate data by researchers.
GIS Maps & Data, 2007-2011
Advanced Stage Breast Cancer in California, 2007-2011
- Medical Service Study Areas (MSSA) Maps by County for Breast Cancer in California.
- Percent Diagnosed Advance Stage and Proportional Incidence Ratio (PIR) for MSSA Data Tables by County for Breast Cancer in California.
Advanced Stage Colorectal Cancer in California, 2007-2011
- Medical Service Study Areas (MSSA) Maps by County for Colorectal Cancer in California.
- Percent Diagnosed Advance Stage and Proportional Incidence Ratio (PIR) for MSSA Data Tables by County for Colorectal Cancer in California.