Registrar Resources and Reporting
As a cancer registrar, you are the cornerstone for collecting and reporting cancer data of the highest quality. CCR thanks you for your continued diligence and excellence in reporting cancer data. We are dedicated to providing you with the information you need to perform complete and accurate reporting.
To help you in your efforts to stay up-to-date on the latest reporting information and methods, CCR has compiled the following resources. To access additional resources that are not found here, please visit our Reporting Resources Library.
Reporting Facility Codes
CCR Standards on Reporting Cancer in California
To maintain high standards in reporting accuracy, CCR has developed the following 5 volumes on cancer reporting. These standards documents cover the full range of reporting topics.
VOLUME I - 2018
- California Cancer Reporting System Standards, Volume I: Abstracting and Coding Procedures (updated 12/3/19) --NEW--
- 2018 Volume I Changes and Clarifications (update 12/3/19) -- NEW
- 2018 Volume I Changes and Clarifications (updated 6/7/19)
- 2018 Volume I Changes and Clarifications (updated 10/31/18)
- Summary of the Year 2018 Data Changes (Updated 4/3/2018)
VOLUME I - 2018 Appendix --NEW--
- Appendix A: Terms and Definitions (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix B: Postal Abbreviations for States and Territories of the United States (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix C: Codes for Countries C.1 - Alphabetical and C.2 - Code Order (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix D: Residency of Military Personnel (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix E: Codes for Religions E.1 - Alphabetical and E.2 - Code Order (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix F: Patient Information Sheet (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix G: Codes for Case finding (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix H: Codes for California Counties H.1 - Alphabetical and H.2 - Code Order (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix I: Common Acceptable Symbols and Abbreviations I.1 - Term and I.2 - Abbreviation Order (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix J: Spanish Surnames (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix K: STORE Surgery Codes (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix L: Data Alerts and Data Memos (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix M: Q-Tips (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix N: Data Items and their Required Status (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix O: Race and Nationality O.1 - Alphabetical and O.2 - Code Order (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix P: National Provider Identifier (NPI) Codes (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix Q: Site-Specific Data Items (SSDIs) (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix R: Coding Resources (updated 12/3/19)
- Appendix S: Historical Coding and Staging Manual Requirements for CCR (updated 12/3/19)
VOLUME I - 2017
- California Cancer Reporting System Standards: Volume 1, 2017 (updated 4/28/2017)
- Self-extracting archive: California Cancer Reporting System Standards: Volume 1, 2017 (Updated 4/28/17)
- Instructions for Downloading and Deploying the self-extracting Volume I files (3/4/2015)
- 2017 Volume I Changes and Clarifications (4/28/2017)
VOLUME II - 2018
VOLUME II - 2016
CCR META FILE
Instantly download the CCR Metafile (CCR18Dv2.zip )- active as of 5/8/2020. Please contact us for older metafile copies.
- California Cancer Registrars Association (CCRA)
- California Law
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Program Cancer Registries (CDC-NPCR)
- Central Brain Tumor Registry of the United States (CBTRUS)
- Collaborative Stage Data Collection System, version 2 (CSv2)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP Checklists)
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD Decoder):
- Library of Congress
- Merck Manual
- Multiple Primaries and Histology (MPH) Coding Manual:
- National Cancer Institute Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER)
- National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA)
- North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR)
- National Cancer Institute Health Professional Treatment Information
- Reuter’s Health Information Service
- SEER Program Coding and Staging Manual
- SEER Rx – Interactive Antineoplastic Drugs Database
- SEER Hematopoietic & Lymphoid Neoplasm Project
- WORLD Health Organization (WHO) Classification of Diseases
Education and Training Webinars
Q-Tips provide insights and education about coding for a range of topics and cancer types.
The CCR Knowledge Series provides summary staging presentations for specific tumor types, including breast, colon, melanoma, corpus uteri, lung, and prostate cancers.
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL WEBINARS WITH FREE CE’S!
Register for free education through our Fundamental Learning Collaborative for the Cancer Surveillance Community, aka FLccSC (pronounced “flossy”). Access to FLccSC is available free to all California CTR’s or non-CTR’s who collect cancer data for a California facility. Free CE’s available, including Category A.
- To register as a New FLccSC User, OR to sign into your current FLccSC User account, use the following URL: http://cas.fcdslms.med.miami.edu
- Download a quick tutorial with steps to register for FLccSC here.
ANNUAL DATA CHANGES RECORDED PRESENTATION
2018 Data Changes Presentation Videos
Visual Editing Standards
In order to provide consistency in the visual editing process and to quantify the accuracy of cancer data from cancer reporting facilities, visual editing standards have been developed. The following resources provide information on the methodology used for these standards.
OTHER REPORTING RESOURCES
To access older CCR files that are not available here, please visit our Reporting Resources Library.
All pathologists are required to report cancer diagnoses electronically before January 1, 2019.
Learn more about implementing AB 2325.